MOIRA R. August 18, 2018
If you're wondering if Tenerife is windy, if Lanzarote or Fuerteventura are windier then Gran Canaria... this article is for you!
- Which is the least windy area in Tenerife?
- The South-East area, Los Cristianos.
- Which is the least windy between Lanzarote and Fuerteventua?
- Lanzarote and Fuerteventura are the windiest islands in the Canary Islands.
- Which is the least windy area in Gran Canaria?
- The least windy area of Gran Canaria is located in the South-West. Municipality of Mogàn.
Canaries: the less windy island
My readers often ask me about which is the least windy island in the Canary Islands. I understand them... Maybe they travel with children or they, like me, are bothered by the wind.
All the Canary Islands are windy but there are areas/countries more sheltered by wind and with beaches suitable in every season especially in the winter months like December, January and February.
This is what we're going to find out in this article.
LEAST WINDY RESORT on the CANARY ISLAND in december
I'm not a lover of places too windy: the wind annoys me a lot. For this reason, during my trips to Canary Islands, I always stay in resort sheltered from the strong wind. A sea breeze is pleasant, and inevitable if you're on an island but I avoid the places where the wind raises the sand and gets into my eyes.Let's start from the begin ...
Winter sun holidays in the canary islands
If your holiday in the Canaries is in the winter, and you are looking for the best place to sunbathe and swim in the sea, I suggest you to stay here:
- Los Cristianos in Tenerife
- Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria
Tenerife is windy especially on the west coast (Garachico, Puerto de la Cruz ...).
Las Vistas beach is also ideal for people traveling with children. The wind is minimal, except in bad weather days.
|las vistas beach|