A short event, called "Floating Piers" which lasts only 2 weeks (opening on June 18, 2016), but which will provide an enormous tourist flow from all around the world.
|floating on lake|
If the idea attracts you to walk on a floating bridge on the water of lake Iseo, in this article you find all the information for participating to the annual event.
- Floating Piers: tickets and bookings Iseo Lake
- Opening hours of the bridge over Lake Sebino.
- How to get to Lake Iseo and how to reach the floating walkway.
- Safety and rules for going onto the Floating Piers bridge.
ENDED EVENT... but YOU CAN always VISIT THE ISEO LAKE and MONTISOLA.
Floating Piers: tickets and bookings Sebino Lake
The artist: Vladimirov Yavachev Christo
Let's see together how you can participate:
What is the floating bridge on Lake Sebino?
When does Floating Piers event occur?
Opening hours from the Floating piers bridge?
Where does the Floating Piers event take place?
Lake Iseo is 100km from Milan or 40km from the aeroport of Orio al Serio.
See Google Map:
Milan Central station-Iseo,
Orio aeroport-Sulzano lake.
How long is the floating bridge that joins Iseo to Montisola?
How do you get to Iseo Lake?
Bicycle or motorbike: you will be banned from accessing it by bike or motorbike. They are setting up Moto parking at the State exit 510 (for now I do not have a more precise indication).
Car: parking for cars dedicated to the avent will available outsie various towns and will cost 10 or 15 Euro, +5 Euro to take the event bus and the cost of the boat/ferry ticket.
The departures towards the bridge starts from:
Lovere - Pisogne - Marone - Sale Marasino - Sulzano - Iseo - Clusane - Sarnico - Predore - Tavernola Bergamasca - Riva di Solto - Castro - Carzano - Peschiera Maraglio - Sensole. Sulzano, the village whence the bridge starts, will be closed to the traffic, except for the residents and men at work.
By TRAIN to Floating Piers: 84 daily departures throughout the event.
Cost train to Iseo: 13 EUR round trip (day pass). Family Pass: 26 €. Offer valid from any station served by Trenord service, with any Trenord train [excluding the service Malpensa Express]. Or there is the route Brescia - Sulzano: 7 € A / R
- Here you can buy ferry tickets.
- HERE you can see the car parking (prices and the address to reach them).
It is safe to float on the bridge over Lake Iseo?
There will be many lifesavers and guardians in all boats around the course in case of need.
Of course there are rules to be respected.
Rules for getting on the Floating Bridge Piers
- No heels or wedges (women please! Shoes: ballet flats or tennis). The artist may want to stand barefoot and I think I will accept the suggestion.
- Nothing bicycles (must be left in the spaces as parking which will present in Pilzone)
- ONLY dogs on a leash and muzzled.
- Allowed access to mothers with prams or in wheelchairs disabled.
PLACES TO SEE IN LOMBARDY (near iseo lake)
Follow us on Pinterest!